Glitter Star Candle Tutorial
For this project you will need:
• Cylindrical candle suitable for decoration. (We have used a 7.5cm x 7.5cm)
• Stars cut from cartridge paper (or similar).
• Cosmetic glitter. (too much is better than too little).
• Chinashine varnish.
• Medium-sized paintbrush.
• Craft knife.
• Shallow bowl with 1cm depth of water.
• Waterproof and wipe-clean work surface.
NB – read right through these instructions and the accompanying pictures. Once the wax is whipped and poured out, you will need to work as quickly as possible in order to get the best results.
Spread the glitter over the work surface and then roll the candle through the glitter until the sides have an even coating.
Locate the paper stars and use the tip of the craft knife to lift each star away from the candle and remove.